UPDATE: it's 0.9.8.1 now, there was a small update to the RubyGem. The new gem uses the same AMI's.
EC2 on Rails version 0.9.8 is now available (or will be in a few hours when the RubyForge servers are synced). This is a recommended update for everyone.
It includes some major new features:
- monit monitoring daemon: monitors mysqld, apache, memcached, mongrels, system load and free drive space
- incremental MySQL backup (important for large databases)
- Apache SSL support
- a local Postfix SMTP server enabled by default
And most importantly this fixes the problem with broken Ubuntu package updates which was caused by a missing repository in the list of repositories.
Also, there are major new features such as incremental MySQL backup (important for large databases), Apache SSL support, and a local Postfix SMTP server enabled by default.
My priorities now are:
- Release an update based on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy (this version is still using Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy because I wanted to provide a reliable update as quickly as possible due to bug #20040. But now that the base image is built with Eric Hammond's script it should be easy to update to Hardy.)
- Create complete documentation.
- Release a 100% bug-free version 1.0 with the current feature-set. Please help by reporting any bugs you find, either using the RubyForge bug tracker or by email.